I'm no expert, I'm not a trained chef, I just like to get in the kitchen and make up stuff. Mostly I like to start with a good recipe I read somewhere and then change it to match my tastes. I really love feeding other people and hearing thier opinions on what flavors work. This is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen (and at my grill)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

What's in that WonTon?

I was walking through the grocery store a few weeks ago, and having just watch Julie and Julia I was in a cooking mood. Not like I was going to start going through some old cookbooks and try my hand at french cooking, but I was going to EXPERIMENT.

So I had these wonton wrappers... and I didn't know what I was going to do with them.

My vision was turkey, bacon and ranch.

But that didn't real seem like it would come out right. So I went with this.

Ground Turkey, cooked first
Diced Red Onions, sauted with cooked turkey
Diced Bacon, fried and added to turkey mixture

I took this mix, a glob of cream cheese and a speck of avacado,
then a dash of chipotle tabasco.

All this wrapped into the wonton wrapper and fried up.

I tried this later with out the avacado, and it was okay, but I do prefer the avacado.

I just tried it again tonight and while it's not the hit of the party, it's well liked and better than that... it's a nice variation on what people expect! :)

What do you put in your wonton?

No comments:

Post a Comment