I'm no expert, I'm not a trained chef, I just like to get in the kitchen and make up stuff. Mostly I like to start with a good recipe I read somewhere and then change it to match my tastes. I really love feeding other people and hearing thier opinions on what flavors work. This is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen (and at my grill)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Guacamole

I learned a little more about guacamole from Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guacamole

And I found a great video on this website.
http://blog.diningchicago.com/2009/11/04/eat-this-guacamole-a-singing-sauce-on-its-day/

Here's my dad's family recipe

Avacados - smashed
yellow onion - diced
tomatoes - diced (I started substituing pre made pico de gallo)
lemon juice
salt
salsa picante (preferably pace)


And now my "greener" version

Avacoados - smashed, but a bit chunky still
green onions - sliced/diced
jalepeno - diced
fresh garlic - smashed then chopped
cilantro - chopped finely
lime juice
salt


Here are all the other ingredients I've heard have been added to Avacados to make a guacamole, post your favorites for us?

tomatoes
onions (red, green, yellow...)
garlic
jalepeno
other peppers?
sour cream
cream cheese
shredded cheese
Salt
lemon juice
lime juice
cilantro
cumin
black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment