I'm no expert, I'm not a trained chef, I just like to get in the kitchen and make up stuff. Mostly I like to start with a good recipe I read somewhere and then change it to match my tastes. I really love feeding other people and hearing thier opinions on what flavors work. This is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen (and at my grill)

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easy Chicken and Dumplings

This recipe came to me from cooks.com and was submitted to them by Megan Durbin

her recipe (and my notes)

chicken 1-2 lbs
1 can cream of chicken
2 cans chicken broth ( I prefer chicken bouillon cubes)
1 1/2 cup water (more broth, less water for a fuller flavor)
1 can peas
1 can carrots
1 package of biscuits
(she lists you can add celery if you wish)

she suggest cutting the chicken into smaller chunks so that it cooks faster

all all ingredients (except biscuits) to a crock pot and turn it to low for an all day cook or to high for faster.

You should include all spices and seasonings into the crock pot at the same time.
parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder are all listed as options

15 - 20 minutes before ready to eat, cut biscuits into 1/4's roll into balls and place in the crock pot. Stir occasionally. cover and finish cooking until you are ready to eat.

For me... I usually try this on the stove over medium heat. I find that the biscuits take 30 minutes to really cook to the consistency I like. I also will include my favorite cajun spice mix or some tabasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment