I'm no expert, I'm not a trained chef, I just like to get in the kitchen and make up stuff. Mostly I like to start with a good recipe I read somewhere and then change it to match my tastes. I really love feeding other people and hearing thier opinions on what flavors work. This is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen (and at my grill)

Friday, April 2, 2010

Chipotle Chicken Pinwheels

Originally found on pg 36 of Dec 06 Pillsbury Appetizers & Desserts
1 can refrigerated Crescent rolls
1/2 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
3/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
2 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 crumbled bleu cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives.

Basically pinch the dough into rectangles instead of triangles, smear on the cream cheese pile the rest in, roll it up, slice with serated knife and bake 350 for 10-15

So here's my adjustments...

I sauted some red onions with the chicken and chipotle tabasco sauce.
I smear on gobs of cream cheese, then the chicken mixture and top with pepper jack cheese. (my group decided the blue cheese didn't add much to this and opted for the pepper jack version) I also left out the chives in recent experiments with this appetizer, and no one really missed them.

Give it a try and let me know how you like it...

1 comment:

  1. I now use pepper jack cheese instead of blue cheese.
    Also I prefer sauteed ren onions instead of the fresh chives!
    - Seraphina/Stacy

    ReplyDelete