I'm no expert, I'm not a trained chef, I just like to get in the kitchen and make up stuff. Mostly I like to start with a good recipe I read somewhere and then change it to match my tastes. I really love feeding other people and hearing thier opinions on what flavors work. This is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen (and at my grill)

Friday, March 30, 2012

Mojito Jelly


I began with this recipe as my inspiration...

My version:

1 Cup water
1/2 Cup Pineapple Rum (it is what I had around)
bunch of mint (remove stems, tear leaves up a bit)

First three ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil, remove from heat and let cool 15+ minutes

1 Cup fresh squeezed lime juice (10-12 limes)
2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 Tablepoon additional rum (or more)
a few drops green food coloring

add next three ingredients bring to a boil that you can not stir down

1 box pectin
3 Cups sugar

add the pectin and bring back to a boil you can not stir down
add the sugar and bring back to a boil you can not stir down
continue stirring at this boil for 1 minute

remove from heat and follow your regular canning procedures


No comments:

Post a Comment