I'm no expert, I'm not a trained chef, I just like to get in the kitchen and make up stuff. Mostly I like to start with a good recipe I read somewhere and then change it to match my tastes. I really love feeding other people and hearing thier opinions on what flavors work. This is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen (and at my grill)

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kiwi Strawberry Daiquiri Jam


So by now you must be wondering what kind of crazy drunk lady I must be...
Well the truth is I don't drink, well not very often and never very much.
I just thought that cocktail inspired jams would make a great gift basket to donate to events I go to.

And now on with the show...

I began (as always) with the work of some one else, I mean really, why reinvent the wheel.
So I started with this recipe...

And here's what I ended up with as my recipe:

1 Cup kiwi peeled and crushed (I used about 6 large kiwi and put them in my food processor)
1 lb frozen strawberries crushed (thawed and put in food processor)
1 Cup pineapple juice
1/3 Cup lime juice
1/2 Cup rum ( I used the last of my Dragonberry Bacardi and the rest with pineapple rum)

throw it all in your jam pot, bring to boil

add one box pectin

boil

add 3 cups sugar

bring to that very special boil that will not go away (even when you stir it)

stir this for at least 1 minute

when it reaches your favorite jamming consistency (you can just the plate method or if you know what the bubbles should look like, or you just want to go for the 1 minute timer) then you remove from heat and fill your jars, and do your canning thing!

I hope you all enjoy this installment of jamming my butt off :)

1 comment:

  1. very much missing an old wine cooler of strawberry banana daiquiri... i substituted out the kiwi for banana and used banana liquer and banana rum... very tasty adaptation to this recipe ~Seraphina

    ReplyDelete