I'm no expert, I'm not a trained chef, I just like to get in the kitchen and make up stuff. Mostly I like to start with a good recipe I read somewhere and then change it to match my tastes. I really love feeding other people and hearing thier opinions on what flavors work. This is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen (and at my grill)

Friday, March 30, 2012

Appletini in Thyme Jam



Inspired by this drink
and my experience making this jam

I embarked on an adventure for yet another cocktail jam/jelly.

1 Cup water
1/2 Cup Vodka (green apple smirnoff is nice)
bunch of Thyme

put the first three ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil, remove from heat, cover and let cool 15-20 minutes

1 Cup Apple Juice
1 Cup diced apples
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 Cup apple liquer?

add the next ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil

1 box pectin
3 cups sugar

add the pectin, bring to a boil you can not stir down
add the sugar, bring back up to a boil, when you can't stir down the boil, stir for another 1 minute
remove from heat and process as you would any other jam/jelly


No comments:

Post a Comment