I'm no expert, I'm not a trained chef, I just like to get in the kitchen and make up stuff. Mostly I like to start with a good recipe I read somewhere and then change it to match my tastes. I really love feeding other people and hearing thier opinions on what flavors work. This is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen (and at my grill)

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chicken and Dumplings

Original recipe came from : http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/o,1812,139167-238206,00.html

I of course adapted it to suit my own tastebuds....

3 chicken breasts, thawed, cut into 1 inc chunks
1 can cream of chicken soup
4 cups chicken broth ( i prefer from the cubes)
1 1/2 cup water
1 can peas
1 can carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup diced onion
3 shakes Tony's Creole Seasoning
1 tbl black pepper
1 tsp salt (adjust as necessary)
1 package biscuits
1. Add all ingredients (minus biscuits) to a crockpot and turn to low (for an all day cook) or high for a few hours.

2. 30 minutes before eating... cut biscuits into quarters, roll the dough into small balls, and place in the crock pot. Stir.

Thanks to original submitter: Megan Durbin.

No comments:

Post a Comment