I'm no expert, I'm not a trained chef, I just like to get in the kitchen and make up stuff. Mostly I like to start with a good recipe I read somewhere and then change it to match my tastes. I really love feeding other people and hearing thier opinions on what flavors work. This is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen (and at my grill)

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Carmalized Onion Chipotle Burgers

Original Recipe found at http://www.buildabetterburger.com/winners/2004_grilled_avacado_burger

Carmalized Onions
1 Large Yellow Onion, Halved, Sliced Thin
2 tbl Tabasco Chipotle Suace
1 tbl beef broth
1 tbl balsamic vinegar
1 tbl oil ( I used a garlic infused olice oil)
1 garlic clove, freshly minced
1 tbl dark brown sugar

1. You will saute these ingredients together in a skillit for about 20 min or until liquid is gone

Blue Cheese Spread
6 oz cream cheese
4 oz crumbled blue cheese

2. You will combine these, leave them chilled until 10 minutes before serving.

Patties
2 lb ground beef
1/3 cup minced onion
2 tbl thyme
1 tbl oregano
2 tbl Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
2 tbl seasoned salt (spicy if you can handle it)

3. You will combine all these ingredients and make 6 patties with them.

4. Grill patties at 7 min per side or until done

5. Pile together on split Kaiser rolls, spread on blue cheese mixture, burger, and carmalized onions. Also yummy with these are bacon slices and avacados.

I most recently made these 3 weeks ago for Wacko's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment