I'm no expert, I'm not a trained chef, I just like to get in the kitchen and make up stuff. Mostly I like to start with a good recipe I read somewhere and then change it to match my tastes. I really love feeding other people and hearing thier opinions on what flavors work. This is a blog about my adventures in the kitchen (and at my grill)

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Crescent Sandwich Bake!

My inspiration this morning was this recipe



What I had was more mouths to feed and a 'frig full of sliced cheese.... so here's my take on it.

2 tubes crescent dough
1 lb sliced turkey
1 lb sliced ham
12-16 slices of cheese (I had Muenster, Gouda and Provalone)
3 eggs beaten
 was fresh out of veggies, but would have added the bell pepper, carmalized onions, sauteed mushrooms, or any number of other tasty things.

tooks - a whisk to beat the eggs, and a 9X13 baking dish.


I laid out the first roll of crescent dough in a full sheet along the bottom of my baking dish.

Then I layered 1/2 the ham, turkey and cheese, pouring half the egg over it and repeating.

I covered the top with foil and baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then removed the cover and baked another 22 minutes.

This recipe was severed for Royal Court and Guard snacks at Summergate Anniversary on April 27th 2013.

It came out a beautiful golden brown.  I'll do my best to take photos at the event and post them here later!

No comments:

Post a Comment